Tuesday, September 7, 2010

I want these...

Have I ever mentioned that I LOVE decorating?!

This past weekend my husband and I finished up his office. We only spent a mere $30 and that was for an additional bookcase, a must-have when books are literally falling off the existing two shelves. Both of our new spaces look so good and I cannot wait to get my camera back so that you can all see it for yourselves!

So, now all I need (let's be honest... want) to complete my office as well as my husband's newly redecorated/rearranged office:

I would love an old chair to use as my office chair (right now I am using a folding chair... not because I don't have a great office/task chair, but because the folding chair looks better in my new office...) My thought would be to upcycle the old chair, paint it a bright glossy yellow and then reupholster the seat with this fun fabric:

Grey damask fabric from Carousel Designs


These throw pillows would make a great addition as well.
Yellow & White Chevron by This Little Home




And then for my husband's office. We used hand-me-down (insert: amazing) curtains from a sweet and generous friend. They are perfect for his office and bring in color which means we didn't have to paint. We rearranged to create a better work/study environment. We added one more bookshelf (books were literally falling off the existing two shelves...). The office is now 98% there. I would love to add an ottoman and a couple of fun, contemporary, masculine lamps (one for his desk and one for the 'reading/studying' area), and one big focal art piece. Any ideas on where to find a Thrice (his favorite band) poster? Looked everywhere and couldn't seem to find anything ....

ALĂ„NG table lamp by Ikea | Ottoman by Target | Thrice poster


And while I was browsing online I saw this lamp that I just thought would be perfect in our master bedroom.
Maybe one day. :)
Jonsbo Ilsbo by Ikea

1 comment:

  1. That's pretty amazing. I'm excited to see the pictures. Can you come to my house now and do these things for me? I have a coffee maker, which I hear is in demand.
    I like those pillows, by the way.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...