It had actually been awhile since I made this delightful breakfast goody and was reminded of it when my 4 year old nephew said "auntie ashlee how come you don't make me oatmeal anymore?" haha. He definitely has me wrapped around his little finger because I went out right away to pick up the ingredients so I could make it for him this morning.
Try it and let me know what you think!
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 3 cups quick cooking oatmeal
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
- Mix together the first 7 ingredients thoroughly.
- Stir in the oatmeal and raisins.
- Pour into a greased 8x12 baking dishes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 25 minutes.
- Serve warm with milk.
yield: 8-6 servings