This morning I hosted a little tea party for a soon-to-be-mommy. A couple of us mommies got together to drink tea (or coffee in my case), eat yummy breakfasty foods and most importantly to pray over this wonderful godly woman and for this sweet little baby boy who is about to enter this world.
Below is a recipe for some yummy goodness that we had at our little tea party.
April - We love you so much and are so excited to meet baby Austin any day now!
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup white baking chips
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves (I used raspberry)
- 1/3 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix and sugar. Whisk the egg, milk and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in chips. Pour into a greased 9-in. round baking pan.
- Drop preserves by teaspoonfuls over batter. Cut through batter with a knife to swirl the preserves.
- For topping, combine biscuit mix and sugar in small bowl; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 12 servings.