Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Inside Look: Train Birthday Invitations


Train Party Birthday Invitations
{for my soon to be 3 year old}

I wanted to create a modern and hip little invitation for my son who LOVES his trains.
My goal was to create something unique and different. What do you think?

{Inspiration}
Toy Trains (Ikea)


{Process}
I photographed his little trains, printed the photographs, sketched/traced over the printed photograph, created a line drawing using tracing paper over the photograph/ink image, scanned the tracing paper into my computer, and then very carefully vectorized (definitely not a word) the line drawing. (I highly doubt that he will appreciate the amount of work that went into this very seemingly simple invitation. ha.)

{My Helper}
While I photographed and traced, my little one colored his own train in his little coloring book.


{Finished Product}
I love it. I think it is super chic and unexpected for a little boy who loves trains. I like that the color scheme is different (well from normal boys, not to my son, his room is decorated in those colors) and gives it a retro feel.

{So fun}

I will be creating a birthday party pack for this invitation set and will have it in the shop soon. Let me know if you would like purchasing/customizing information.

4 comments:

  1. Love it. Love it. Love it:) It will be the weekend of party hopping:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's great fun. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was browsing through recipes and this made me think of you!

    http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/train-cake/5685f320-1e5c-4ebb-b2cd-1ab73633b016

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...