Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Recipe: Salsa Verde


My sweet friend Jenny Gumbert gave me this recipe and she got it from her mother and she probably got it from her mother... right Jenny? It is amazing! And as you can see by the below photograph I have made this recipe so many times the paper is beginning to wear and the writing is smudged off in places. 

Jenny's original recipe is for her amazing Green Enchiladas which I do make, but I love the salsa so much that I will just make that and we eat it with tortilla chips. One night last week my dinner was chips & salsa verde. No kidding.


INGREDIENTS
  • tomatillos (about 10)
  • jalapenos (1-2 optional spice)
  • chicken bouillon (2 cubes)
  • 1 garlic clove
  • 1 medium onion

DIRECTIONS
  1. Boil tomatillos, jalapenos and onion until tender.
  2. Drain water.
  3. Add chicken bouillons and garlic (and a pinch or two of salt if desired).
  4. Place all ingredients in blender and blend.
  5. Pour in cute little bowl and serve with your favorite tortilla chips.

Let me know if you try it!

1 comment:

  1. I remember when we went shopping at Publix to make this :) thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...