Tuesday, November 8, 2011

A Real Inside Look.

Tuesdays are to be my 'Inside Look' posts where I inform you, my gracious readers what is going on with new projects and such (well, that is what my little schedule says... but sometimes I have a hard time sticking to a schedule. Blame it on morning play dates, sweet boys who want to be rocked before their nap, dishes that need cleaning, laundry that needs to be done... etc. :))

I have posts planned for the remainder of the week but when I tried to figure out what was going on 'inside' the studio of Ashlee Proffitt Design today I cringed a little. Of course the to-do list is as lengthy as ever and I could show you a number of projects I am working on, but what is really going on 'inside' Ashlee Proffitt is that honestly, this is just a super tough time of year for our family. That's it. No way of getting around it.

My mind does not work as efficiently. I am easily distracted. My heart aches just a little more than usual. Tears fall more readily.

This afternoon I passed a fire station that is being built close to our house and my eyes welled up with tears... for no real reason other than any kind of emergency vehicle reminds me of the son that we lost. So, these days I am sort of in a fog and I have learned to lower the expectations a bit on myself remembering 2 Corinthians 12.10, '... For when I am weak, then I am strong.' 

I covet your prayers during this season; for peace and clarity and ability to focus on loving my God, my husband and my beautiful boys.

I am grateful that you let me share these deeper moments with you here. Thank you.




1 comment:

  1. Oh Ashlee, my heart aches for you and your family, for what you have experienced. Know that you will be in my thoughts & prayers. I'm just so thankful that your little one is being held by Jesus, safe and sound! Bless you, dear and TAKE CARE!
    - Amy

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...